Important railway junction
Located at the service of the municipality of the same name in the province of Florence, the San Piero a Sieve train station is located within the town, in a position that is easily accessible from the centre. It was inaugurated on 8 April 1890 with the opening of the Florence-Borgo San Lorenzo section, which was then extended in 1893 to Faenza. During the Second World War, the line suffered serious damage that caused its closure. Later on, it was restored. In 1952, the Pontassieve-Borgo San Lorenzo railway was extended to San Piero a Sieve, making it a leading station.
The station has three tracks. Track 1 and 3 are used for priorities and crossing, since these have a single track line, while track 2 is a plain line track. There is also a truncated track used for line maintenance. All tracks have a platform, a canopy and some benches. The two platforms are connected by an underpass. For people with disabilities, there is also another underpass at the end of the platform in the direction of Borgo San Lorenzo.
On the ground floor of the building, travellers can find a bar, which also serves as a ticket office for regional trains, the waiting room and a self-service ticket office. The first floor of the building is a private dwelling.