Crespellano, a district of the scattered municipality of Valsamoggia, is a small walled village of Roman origin, later reorganised by the Grassi family between the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. The church of Santo Savino, founded in the 16th century, was renovated in the mid-18th century and again at the beginning of the 19th century. Inside, the high altar features an altarpiece by Alessandro Guardassoni from the early 19th century. The dovecote in Palazzo Grassi, now home to the library, towers over the hilly landscape. It is connected by a long straight road to the 17th-century Villa Aldrovandi, decorated with friezes and heraldic motifs. High on the hill, the church of San Francesco, built in 1232, is flanked by the convent of the Little Sisters of Our Lady of Sorrows of Bologna, which was once Villa Pedrazzi.