Val di Fassa mountain refuges in autumn, the authentic side of sustainable Trentino
Trentino sustainable, but where?
Ready for a surprise? The Val di Fassa mountain refuges know how to do it, allowing you to indulge not only in the carefully protected unspoilt nature, but also in the traditions of the place. All in the name of eco-sustainability and ethics, so as not to damage precious views appreciating them with greater awareness.
The mountain refuges guarantee an opportunity for warm hospitality while respecting the environment, ideal for those who want to enjoy the spectacle of sunrises and sunsets.
With this in mind, from 24 September to 8 October 2022, 7 Val di Fassa refuges offer a rich program to enjoy themed traditional experiences.
Val di Fassa, a paradise that speaks of sustainability
Prepare your backpack and boots to live the experience of life in mountain shelters, green meadows, trails, great food and great hospitality.
Val di Fassa, in the heart of the Dolomites, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, offers a unique opportunity for autumnal holidays with minimal impact on the Earth, but ensuring unforgettable experiences. The Ladin culture and language still dominate the area. Among the many possibilities for walks, there are paths that lead to high altitude immersed in the scents of the earth, and ski lifts built in respect of the landscape and much more.
Each activity in the area allows you to commune with nature without upsetting it, but rather learning to experience it from a new point of view.
If you are looking for relaxation in Val di Fassa you will find a feast for the senses including forest bathing, blending discreetly into the landscape thanks to QC Baths. Fed by the thermal waters of the Alloch spring, they are designed to offer a nurturing dip that respects all the essentials of environmental sustainability.
That's not all: the local farms offer guided tours to immerse you in the culture of the area, the restaurants offer typical cuisine with local ingredients, organic and in harmony with the environment.
Val di Fassa location of choice for unmissable events
Val di Fassa, offers unmissable events for young and old between the 24th of September and the 8th of October 2022.
Children can have fun amongst workshops and puppets, parents can enjoy aperitifs at sunset and those who want to get active can test themselves with yoga sessions. Each option in the program is combined with show cooking against the backdrop of the Dolomites and accompanied by tasting of delicious local products. To frame the scene? Obviously the refuges of the Val di Fassa.
The refuges involved are all different and offer unique experiences, from the Salei refuge in Canazei, at the foot of the Sassolungo, to the Contrin refuge in Canazei, which has always been a point of reference for those who want to walk to the Marmolada. Passing by the Micheluzzi refuge surrounded by nature and the unspoilt Val Duron in Campitello di Fassa to name a few.
Fifteen days, nine experiences that offer artistic workshops, guided excursions, shows, wellness opportunities, story trekking and general well being in a magical atmosphere. Lots of experiences to be lived to the fullest while savouring the flavours of the high mountains to the fullest.
Val di Fassa mountain refuge, itinerary:
- colours and flavours of autumn: 30th Set 2022 from 11:00am Fuciade refuge (1.972 m). Art, food, traditional grappa and lots of chat will give flavour to the day;
- Adventures for little explorers: 1st October 2022 from 11:00 Contrin Refuge (2,027 m). The little ones will take on the role of chefs and will be able to attend a puppet show;
- A night in the refuge: from 1st October 2022 to 2nd October 2022 from 09:30 Stella Alpina Spiz Piaz Refuge (1,960 m). Parents and children will be busy discovering and cooking local products;
- Sounds and flavours at high altitude: 2nd ottobre 2022 from 11:00 Micheluzzi refuge (1.850 m). It will be possible to taste mountain cheeses and Rampeèr craft beer while waiting for the jazz concert at 2 pm;
- In autumn Antermoia turns pink: from 7th October 2022 to 8th October 2022 from 09:00 Antermoia Refuge (2,497 m). Trekking, yoga, meditation, good food and typical wine: a delightful opportunity for all tastes;
- Photography course at the Roda: 8th October 2022 from 4:30 pm at the Roda di Vael Refuge (2,280 m) for wonderful shots at sunrise and sunset;
- Story-trekking and gourmet experience at the foot of Sassolungo: 8th October 2022 from 08:30 am Salei Refuge (2,222 m). Stories about the mountains and good food in the name of sustainability.
To participate, reservations are required: simply contact the indicated refuges to get a quick response and thus ensure a place to experience a rich and sustainable autumn in the Val di Fassa refuges.
For more information
APT Val di Fassa - Ufficio Turistico Pozza
Piaza de Comun, 8 38036 - San Giovanni di Fassa (Pozza)
Tel: +39 0462 609670 - +39 0462 609666