The castle of Torrechiara is the best known of the fortresses and castles that made up the fiefdom of the great commander Pier Maria Rossi, Count of San Secondo, who, in the 15th century, undertook their renovation. At the end of his military career, he settled there together with Bianca Pellegrini da Como, who had abandoned her husband, Melchiorre d'Arluno, out of love for him. To commemorate their bond of affection forever, in 1452 the count commissioned, perhaps from the painter Benedetto Bembo, the fresco decoration of the "Camera d'Oro", where the two lovers are portrayed struck by the arrows of Amore Bendato in the lunettes, while Bianca, dressed as a pilgrim, is depicted in the sails depicting her itinerary between the count's castles. Torrechiara, with its rectangular shape, three walls and towers in the corners, patrol walkways, machicolations and a vast porticoed courtyard, has been subject to various extensions and restorations. In the 17th century, spacious panoramic loggias were created on the valley side. On the second floor of the North/Eastern section, the hall is decorated with grottesche by Cesare Baglione.