Concordia Municipal Theatre, reopened in 2008, was built in 1827 at the behest of the local Philharmonic Association, which previously held performances in the same municipal hall. It was named 'Concordia' to signify the means by which some city families, in bitter quarrels for several years, had found a way to make peace. On its stage, major operas were performed for several seasons, especially in the field of opera, by authors in vogue at the time. After 1849, the theatre continued to be used intermittently, following the administrative events of the different periods. The theatre was occupied by troops in the run-up to the Unification of Italy, and was probably also occupied at the start of the First World War. It was then used as a trial hall, a single polling station, assemblies for the Mutual Aid Society, charity festivals and lotteries, conferences and patriotic celebrations, and with the advent of Fascism, used for political rallies but above all for theatrical performances.
Photo Credits: Ermanon