An international symbol of Milan
A true institution of Milanese sport whose fields have hosted legendary tennis players past and present. The Tennis Club Milano was founded in 1893, named after Count Alberto Bonacossa and, over the years, has hosted numerous international sports events of great importance. Cradle of great tennis in Italy and cultural heritage of the Milanese capital, organizes the Bonfiglio Trophy and includes, since 1937, the Tennis Training School that trains young talents.
It all began in the nineteenth century, when tennis spread in Italy thanks to the British who, on holiday in the Bel Paese, played it. Thus, in 1893 the Lawn Tennis Club was born in Milan for new fans such as Count Alberto Bonacossa and Marquis Gilberto Porro Lambertenghi, but also for spectators such as Gabriele D'Annunzio.
Italian tennis first participated in the Olympics in 1920 and became in demand. Thus, in 1923, at the behest of Count Bonacossa, the current headquarters of the Tennis Club Milano was born, a reference for the great national and international champions who compete on the fields of Via Arimondi, where the first five editions of the Internazionali d 'Italia were played and, until 1960, the Davis Cup meetings.