Dominated by the Sabiona rock, at the top of which stands the homonymous convent inhabited by cloistered Benedictine nuns, Chiusa is a town with a distinct medieval imprint. The centre is characterized by a network of streets paved with porphyry, set between ancient buildings. Within the walls of an old Capuchin monastery stands the Museo civico, which hosts temporary art exhibitions and preserves the Loreto treasure, a collection of works of art and sacred objects donated by Queen Maria Anna of Spain to the Chiusa priest Gabriel Pontifeser, her confessor. Don't miss a visit to the chapel of the same name, consecrated in 1723, with its precious altarpiece. The town of Klausen was loved by various artists, including Albrecht Dürer, who immortalized it from above in a now-lost watercolour. Follow in his footsteps up the Tschan mountain to the stone that bears his name.