In 1577, the Compagnia del Nome di Dio, one of the richest lay confraternities in Pesaro, commissioned the construction of the religious building, which turned out to be an admirable synthesis of architecture and scenography. The presence of death symbols in the decoration of the church is justified by the purpose of the confraternity, namely the care of the dying as well as the celebration of the funerals of the poor and condemned. Its interior has remained intact, while the exterior was restored in 1912. Thanks to the valuable collaboration between three artists, the church presents a sacred story within its decoration: the ceiling depicts the journey from Hell to Resurrection inspired by the Triumph of the Name of God, while the walls illustrate episodes from both the Old and New Testaments, also marked by the power of the Name of God. The atmospheric 17th-century sacristy has remained intact.