Villino Ruggeri, built between 1902 and 1907 from a design by the owner, pharmaceutical industrialist Oreste Ruggeri, is a splendid example of Art Nouveau in Italy.
The building, located at street no. 1 in Piazzale della Libertà in Pesaro, was subjected to restrictions for buildings of monumental interest in 1962.
The main feature of the villa is the rich presence of marine and plant-inspired decorations in the four outer walls.
Originally the cottage had many colours, not just the green and white of present day, with gleaming bronze doors depicting the owner's family members in bas-relief.
The execution of the small building was entrusted to the architect Giuseppe Brega from Urbino, who specifically designed the furnishings, decorations and external vestments.
Photo credit: Regione Marche