In 1973, under the impetus of parish priest Don Sergio Campana, the Collegiate Museum was established with the intention of preserving ancient sacred art objects, not only from the church itself but also from other places of worship in the city. In recent years, the museum has been set up in two rooms adjacent to the left aisle. Among the collected works are processional crosses dating from the 14th to the 17th century, a 14th century thurible, a 15th century wooden sculpture representing a Pietà in ivory and ebony, two gilded wooden statues from the school of Antonio Bencivenni (15th-16th century), silverware and pyxes from the 17th and 18th centuries, 19th century ceramic lamps, as well as sacred vestments from the 18th and 19th centuries, such as a chasuble with stole, maniple and chalice veil of late 18th century local production. The façade of the Collegiate Church, which has a Romanesque layout with Gothic windows on the sides, was completely renovated in the 18th century. Among the works of art found there is an Immaculate Conception by Raffaellino del Colle (c. 1480- 1566), a St. Charles Borromeo by Giovan Francesco Guerrieri (1589 - 1655/59), and a Madonna delle Grazie, an ancient icon by an anonymous author from the 11th century.
Some information is provided by:
Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 11, 61040 Mercatello Sul Metauro PU, Italia