The Museum of the Basilica of Sant'Eustorgio collects monumental and historical artistic testimonies of great importance for the city of Milan. Of these, the Early Christian Cemetery, discovered in 1959-1962 under the nave of the church, is particularly significant. There is also the Chapter House and the Monumental Sacristy, built in 1565 and equipped with walnut cupboards commissioned by the Negroli brothers from a Milanese carver. The cupboards hold liturgical objects and precious reliquaries that document the affection and devotion of many Milanese families for the Dominican convent. Several of these objects, mentioned in the archives, have unfortunately been lost. The Sacristy leads to the Portinari Chapel, a remarkable example of Lombard Renaissance architecture. The interior is adorned with a cycle of frescoes by Vincenzo Foppa, dated between 1462 and 1468, and the Ark of St Peter Martyr, painted by Giovanni di Balduccio between 1336 and 1339.