Ancient house on Lake Como
Welcome to the oldest villa on Via Borgovico in Como, the splendid Villa Gallia, built in 1537 by the humanist Paolo Gioviano, inspired by Florentine and Roman residences at the request of the prelate Marco Gallio.
Villa Gallia has a simple structure with a three-arched portico with columns on the ground floor and two floors of windows with a central balcony adorned with statues overlooking the beautiful lake and its walled garden.
The many rooms inside the building are richly decorated with paintings and motifs of high artistic importance that are part of the heritage of Lake Como and its province.
Today, the wonderful building of Villa Gallia is owned by the Province of Como and houses the Municipal Offices. It cannot always be visited, but it is a popular destination for tourists passing along the promenade running from Villa Olmo to Villa Geno.