In the heart of the city, a place of unquestionable value and beauty entirely dedicated to culture, are the Scuderie del Quirinale. Built within a decade (1722 - 1732) and located close to the wall bordering the Colonna garden, on the remains of the grandiose Roman temple of Serapis, the Papal Stables have a total area of about 3000 square metres on several levels. On the first and second floors are large exhibition rooms, while a cafeteria is located on the mezzanine floor. On the ground floor are the reception services, the bookshop, a gift shop and spaces dedicated to events accompanying the exhibitions. Furthermore, the Scuderie building marks the boundary, together with the Palazzo del Quirinale and the Palazzo della Consulta, of the urban area in the centre where the fountain with the statues of the Dioscuri and the obelisk found in the 19th century near the Mausoleum of Augustus stands.