This is a very interesting village from a historical point of view, as it is the first settlement of today's town. The small medieval village develops along a ridge around a main street with side branches of numerous characteristic alleys. The urban fabric, mainly 19th-century and modern, all around is affected by the calanchi, the magical erosive phenomenon of the terrain produced by the washing away of water over clayey rocks, where two million years ago there were sea beds now covered by sparse vegetation but rich in fossils. The village guards an architectural and artistic heritage of recognized value, among which the medieval Church of the patron saint, St. Sylvester Pope, which houses a valuable triptych by the painter Andrea de Litio, stands out unequivocally. Also noteworthy are the Auditorium of Sant'Antonio and the Greek cross-shaped Church of Santa Maria della Consolazione dating back to 1408. The village is also characterized by the presence of several murals depicting scenes of daily life, painted on some of the façades overlooking the main streets and squares.