Skip menu



Situated on the slopes of Monte Croce di Serra, in the village of Montecchio - fortified in the 11th century - it is possible to visit the Castle, the remains of the double circle of walls, the first dating back to 1154, the second to 1190, the Gate, once the only entrance to the castle, formed by a round arch and surmounted by a crenellated Tower, and the parish church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, built in the 15th century but reworked several times. A few kilometres from the town centre are the ruins of Carnano Castle (15th century), a possession of the lords of Baschi, of which parts of the surrounding wall remain. In the hamlet of Tenaglie, see palazzo Ancajani (18th century), seat of the Museo della Civiltà Contadina (Museum of Farming Civilisation) and the municipal Antiquarium, guardian of artefacts found at the nearby Umbrian-Etruscan necropolis of Fosso San Lorenzo, datable between the 7th and 4th centuries BC.


05020 Montecchio TR, Italia

Ops! An error occurred while sharing your content. Please accept profiling cookies to share the page.