The museum is located in the Chapel of the Retablo of St George in the parish church dedicated to St Mary of the Angels. The Retablo, which measures fourteen panels and was painted by an anonymous artist in the 16th century, forms the backdrop for the works on display. The core of the exhibition consists of a collection of polychrome wooden carvings, among which a representation of the Virgin Mary dating back to the 14th century stands out. Inside the large frame of the Retablo are two previously unseen elements: a statue of the Holy Knight, older than the current version, which stood in the niche of the Retablo, and a female figure who, according to legend, was freed from the dragon.
The museum also houses a number of silver and gold objects, some of them very rare, as well as remnants of a Sardinian women's costume from the 17th-18th centuries. A reliquary cross from a 16th-century Sardinian workshop is of particular interest.
Among the archive documents is one of the oldest parchments of dedication of a church: it is the act of consecration of Santa Vittoria, located today in the territory of Erula, dated 1120, accompanied by another parchment of rededication, dating back to 1320. The latter includes the name of the oldest known bishop of the ancient diocese of Ampurias: Nicolaus Galuleiu.