The church of Santa Cristina della Fondazza was built in 1602 by Giulio della Torre, an architect from Domenico Tibaldi's circle. The interior is characterised by a single nave and a peculiar narrowing of the presbytery that turns the building into a real musical instrument. The sound produced inside the hall behind the apsidal area radiates without echo and refraction to the entrance, fuelling the myth of the "musician nuns". Due to Napoleonic expropriations, the church was closed and reopened several times over the years, until with the Unification of Italy it became a military warehouse and the convent a barracks. After extensive restoration work, the building was reopened to the public in 2008 as an auditorium for classical music and the school of Gregorian chanting.