In Piazza XIX Ottobre, outside the eastern gate of the town of Alife, stands a funeral mausoleum, whose owner is still unknown. Although some historians attribute it to the Acilii Glabriones family, there is no concrete evidence to support this hypothesis. The building can be dated within the first half of the 1st century AD and consists of a cylindrical upper body, with a dome at the top and a square base of about 13 metres on each side. Inside, there is a sphere with a diameter of 9 metres and eight rectangular niches in the walls, covered with plaster and stucco. The dome was built with projecting annular jets of coementicium and defined in the lower part by a band of opus incertum. On the outside, a limestone moulding marked the distinction between basement and upper element: few elements remain of the original limestone blocks. Towards the end of the 13th century, the mausoleum was converted into a church and dedicated to San Giovanni Gerosolimitano, in 1924, it became a memorial chapel dedicated to the Fallen. It was later restored in 1938.