Sambuca di Sicilia is surrounded by a splendid landscape: vineyards, Lake Arancio, Mount Genuardo, and in the middle the village, guarded by so much beauty. Entering the village, we find ourselves in a maze of alleyways with a Saracen atmosphere and we stop enchanted in front of the L'Idea Theatre, the elegant churches, among which the one dedicated to St Joseph stands out, and the fine palaces. In particular, not to be missed is Palazzo Panitteri, which houses the Archaeological Museum. But we cannot fail to mention the village dessert, 'le minni di Virgini'. Translated 'the breasts of the Virgin', it has nothing disrespectful, as it might seem: it was created by Sister Virginia Casale in 1725 on commission from the Marchioness of Sambuca and her inspiration was the hills she saw from the window of her room! This explains the particular shape of the cakes!