The Ceselli Collection, housed in the former cellar of the Monastery, consists of archaeological and anthropological material collected by Luigi Ceselli, Captain of the Pontifical State and an excellent example of the emerging Palaeontology during the second half of the 19th century. He dedicated himself to archaeology alone, making numerous contributions to prehistory and protohistory. In 1882, the collection passed to his son, the engineer Marco, who decided to donate it to the Monastery of Santa Scolastica in memory of his uncle Mariano, a Benedictine monk. During the Second World War, the premises in which the collection was stored, sustained damage due to bombing. The museum's entrance hall displays mementos as well as Luigi Ceselli's original publications. The tour continues with the palaeontological, prehistoric, protohistoric, pre-Roman and Roman sections, up to the most recent section with material from the excavations of the Villa di Nerone.