Amidst high peaks, the Pesio River and at the foot of an ancient castle lies the present-day town of Chiusa di Pesio, a municipality of the Alta Valle Pesio e Tanaro Nature Park, in the province of Cuneo. The town is known in Europe for the presence of the Charterhouse of Pesio, a national monument, a place devoted to hospitality and meditation, which has played a decisive role in the history of the valley. In the heart of Chiusa Pesio stands the marquis's palace, which houses scenes from Orlando Furioso, painted in 1550 by Savigliano artist Pietro Dolce, and not far away a second marquis's palace, which today houses the Tourist Office and the Municipal Museum, which is divided into four sections: Ceramics, Crystals, Bronzes and Resistance. Inside the town, art and faith go hand in hand. The two confraternity churches of SS. Annunziata and San Rocco, both rebuilt in the 17th century, are worth a visit, while outside, the church of Sant'Anna, co-patron saint of the town, and the countless country chapels can be reached on short walks.