The church was erected in the old town centre in the Mandracchio area (complex of seafarers' houses that rose around the back of Via Laberinto) between 1870 and 1880 from the transformation of an earlier private oratory, designed by Ascoli architect, Ignazio Cantalamessa. In 1958, the parish was handed over to the Sacramentine Fathers, who had already been present in San Benedetto since 1939 and were the custodians of the Shrine of the Adoration, which is located in the parish.
The façade is neoclassical in style and is enriched by decorative brickwork elements and an entrance portal with stone gables and friezes overlooking Piazza Matteotti. During the last restoration in 1988, polychrome stained glass windows were created by local artist Marcello Sgattoni.
The interior houses images of Our Lady of the Rosary by Andrea Tavernier, a 17th-century Escape to Egypt and the Holy Family, by leading San Benedetto painter Armando Marchegiani.
Photo Credits: Cristiano Marchegiani