Vous êtes dans Home / Video / The gardens of the Arena, the historical town walls and the Cappella degli Scrovegni

The gardens of the Arena, the historical town walls and the Cappella degli Scrovegni

Surrounded by the historical sixteenth-century walls, the public gardens of the Arena take their name from the remains of a roman amphitheatre dating from the first century AD and host the little church known as Madonna dell'Arena, built on the orders of Enrico Scrovegni and consecrated in 1305. Inside we can admire the famous frescoes by Giotto, carried out in 1305, which adorn the Cappella degli Scrovegni, one of the finest examples of Italian painting.