• 2 types of Cabbage: 250 g (c. 2 cups) Verza (Savoy cabbage), 250 g kale
• 150 g Casereccio bread (artisan loaf)
• 50 g (1/2 cup) Extra-virgin olive oil
• 100 g (1/2 cup) peeled tomatoes
• 1 Potato
• 1 Onion
• 1 Carrot
• 1 Stalk celery
• 250 g Cannellini beans
• 1 Leek
• 100 g of Swiss Chard stems
• 1 bunch thyme
• 1 bunch rosemary
• Salt and Pepper
1. Cook the beans in a generous pot of salted water, for an hour at least. Keep the water afterward, which will be used in cooking ribollita soup
2. Wash the vegetables and chop. Pour the olive oil into a large pan and fry the carrots, leek, onion, celery and parsley.
3. Add tomatoes. Tie the thyme and rosemary with cooking thread. Add, along with the rest of the veggies, and salt to taste. Pour a ladle of the water from the beans in the mix when necessary.
4. Using a mixer, whip a few cannellini beans until they form a cream.
5. Once veggies are cooked, remove rosemary and thyme and place 1/3 of the veggies in a food processor. Once pureed, place in the frying pan, adding the rest of the whole beans, and let cook for another 5 minutes.
6. To serve, place a slice of bread in a soup dish, and add a ladle of soup. Repeat 1 or 2 times more, and add a few drops of olive oil.
Buon appetito !